- May 20, 2016
- Posted by: admin1
CLIENT | Chicago Transit Authority
LOCATION | Stations between 35th and 87th Streets Chicago, IL
GENERAL CONTRACTOR | Kiewit/ Reyes
START DATE | Summer 2003 DATE COMPLETED |
PROJECT MANAGER | Marian Reich
On October 7, 2003, the Chicago Transit Board approved a $192.5 million contract to rehabilitate the Dan Ryan branch, with Kie- wit/Reyes awarded the construction contract as part of a competitive bid process. The major features of this project included the replacement of existing special trackwork and contact rails, the upgrade of traction power to include the construction of two new substations, and the upgrade and modernization of the Signal System and Communication Infrastructure. In addition, several rail sta- tions required improvements. This work included the replacement of escalators, installation of elevators at two stations, replacement of platform canopies, lighting upgrades, replacement of floor finishes, and rehabilitation of sidewalks and adjacent bus stops.
TARGET GROUP PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Outreach & Outreach Conferences
- Asset Mapping
- Local Hiring Program
- Local Business Directory
- Diversity Program
- Budget Analysis
- Capacity Study
- Site Monitoring/ Visits
- Program Development & Implementation
PROJECT GOALS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- DBE Participation of 37%
- On behalf of the CTA; Target Group contacted over 1,400 DBE firms in construction related trades that are currently certified with CTA to notify them of the opportunity to submit a bid on
- the Red Line project.
- Beyond providing DBE referral information to assist prime contractors in putting together their bidding teams, Target Group fostered four relationships for the CTA’s Mentor/Protégé
- program which lasted the duration of the project.